Paul Cuthbert, BSc., MEd. is a highly skilled and experienced senior administrator and consultant with 34 years of experience in education. He recently retired as the Superintendent and CEO of the Evergreen School Division in the province of Manitoba where he successfully served for 12 years.
Paul has formed a consulting company and currently provides services for school divisions and other organizations in the area of education management, governance, planning, leadership development and executive searches.
Paul has served in an advisory or governance capacity with many provincial, national and international organizations. He currently serves on the Canadian Education Association Advisory Council, the National Principals Leadership Institute, the Education for Sustainable Development Leadership Council and is Vice Chair of the Board of Directors of Noventis Credit Union.
Paul recently served as an education partner in the Education Research Development Institute (ERDI) and was the Western Canadian project lead for the New Pedagogies for Deep Learning research project. Paul is also a former president of the Manitoba Association of School Superintendents.
Paul has had the privilege to experience a wide range of portfolios in his 34 years as an educator. These include science and mathematics teacher, curriculum and technology consultant and coordinator with Manitoba Education and Curriculum/ICT Coordinator and administrator and Superintendent/CEO in the Evergreen School Division.
Paul is committed to the continuous improvement of our public education system to meet the needs of today’s learners and to education for sustainability.
Summary of Qualifications and Skills:
- twelve years successful experience as Superintendent and CEO of a public school division;
- successful broad-based educational leadership experience with school divisions, provincial government, provincial and national organizations;
- provincially and nationally recognized as a dynamic, results-driven education leader;
- extensive experience in working with boards (school, community, professional), committees, government departments and agencies;
- a proven innovator and visionary;
- superior communication, interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills;
- extensive experience in human resource management, policy development, fiscal planning, instructional leadership, group facilitation, project management, team building;
- knowledgeable of current theory and practice related to leadership, change process, curriculum development /implementation, pedagogy, staff development, assessment, distance learning and the infusion of ICT into teaching and learning;
- exemplary fiscal management, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills;
- superior information and communications technology knowledge and skills and a strong commitment to the infusion of ICT into teaching and learning;
- strong community building skills with sensitivity to unique needs of schools and communities;
- extensive administrative and consultant experience with Manitoba Education;
- extensive teaching and school administration experience at Middle Years and High School;
- experience teaching pre-service teachers in a university faculty of education;